Monday, April 17, 2006

What's your faith?

Today I came across a site (thanks to Rezwan) which asks you to fill up a questionaire, and based on what you fill up, they'll tell you from what faith you are. There are some interesting results from each person, I am not an exception to that. Here's what I got :

1. Liberal Quakers (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (95%)
3. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (93%)
4. Reform Judaism (86%)
5. Bah�'� Faith (79%)
6. Jehovah's Witness (77%)
7. Sikhism (75%)
8. Theravada Buddhism (73%)
9. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (71%)
10. Secular Humanism (70%)
11. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (68%)
12. Orthodox Quaker (64%)
13. New Thought (63%)
14. Neo-Pagan (62%)
15. Orthodox Judaism (62%)
16. New Age (62%)
17. Scientology (60%)
18. Mahayana Buddhism (60%)
19. Islam (56%)
20. Jainism (54%)
21. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (50%)
22. Taoism (45%)
23. Hinduism (43%)
24. Nontheist (42%)
25. Seventh Day Adventist (42%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (25%)
27. Roman Catholic (25%)

The only Indian religion that came close to my top-10 list, is the Sikhism. The Baha'i faith also has a large number of followers in India, though it originated in Iran. The other Indian one, the Theravada Buddhism, is something new to me.

Though the results are not at are covering the whole domain of believes, still the revealations are quite satisfactory to me. The reasons are - I'm away from Roman Catholic, Hinduism(Orthodox), Islam and Orthodox Judaism; those I consider as problem to today's society as they are less flexible. I am close to Liberal Christian Protestants and Reform Judaism, followed by the most advanced people on the earth. Also there are touches of Buddhism and Baha'i Faith, which I think are impractical to certain extent, but good for Human beings.

I will be really happy to see faiths called Neo-Hinduism and Moderate Islam, which is existing in reality. Moreover, as the science will progress, it will take place of religion. The logic will take place of belief and religion itself will lose it's context. Hope that happens in 21st Century so that I can see it.